BTE provides great solutions to fight nasty drainage problems around and under the tracks.CONTACT US
Changing bridge ties is slow and dangerous work. The
BTE Bridge Excavator, TrackJack, and Bridge Stabilizer
combination has increased productivity tenfold while adding
many safety features. The productive BTE equipment
consistently averages more than 200 bridge ties on a
deck in an 8-hour work block. Customers have seen a
35% or more reduction in their labor costs on bridge deck
replacements when using BTE equipment.
• Equipment keeps personnel off the bridge for safety
• Bridge Stabilizers maintain gauge and alignment
• Get to work fast or easily clear track close to bridges
Multipurpose BTE hi-rail machines are replacing single function equipment. These reduced radius tail swing machines work without fouling adjacent track. Year-round productivity is achieved with multiple solutions including undercutting, panel lifting, rail threading, brush cutting, snow blowing, switch tie changing, ditching, and material handling. BTE equipment rapidly mobilizes to 20+ mph with robust long distance capable hi-rail, providing a
single machine solution for miles of territory.
• Handle numerous tasks with many attachment solutions
• One machine keeps lines maintained effectively
• Eliminate slow orders and perform maintenance faster
Concrete ties are heavy and difficult to unload, handle, space, and place. With the BTE Tie Dragon, this dangerous task has been simplified and streamlined. Railroad contractors are achieving production rates of 1,200 concrete ties picked, spaced, and placed in one shift. For concrete tie replacement, speed up the process and avoid humping the track with the BTE Tower Shear concrete tie clip/socket remover.
• Build track and replace concrete ties
• Easily pick and precisely place multiple ties
• Tower Shear makes tie removal faster
The workhorse hi-rail BTE-325 was instrumental in rebuilding key tracks washed out during historic flooding in Missouri. This versatile BTE machine performed important tasks including placing track panels, depositing rip-rap, aligning track, threading rail, and ballast distribution under terrible flood conditions and time pressure. It easily jumped on and off the track to clear up for rock trains and other rail bound equipment.
• Rapidly place panels to replace damaged track
• Multiple solutions provided for flood restoration
• Quickly hi-rail or move off-track for trains
One BTE excavator and Panel Master solution unloaded
20 track panels out of gondola cars in 45 minutes during
an emergency washout repair. The operation was much
safer and faster compared to having crews inside the cars
and on the ground to handle lifting chains. From the cab,
pick a panel and easily hi-rail into place. Quickly switch
attachments to handle rail, ties, ballast, and track material.
• Safer handling of panels and concrete ties
• Pull, position, and thread ribbon rail
• One machine, multiple solutions, big value
Using the BTE-M318 Hi-Rail excavator and Cold Air Snow Blower during a winter storm, more than 30 switches were cleared in just hours in a rail yard in Buffalo. The rubber tire mobility and excavator reach made for efficient snow clearing. The next spring, this machine was fighting problem vegetation with the BTE Mulcher. One BTE machine with its many solutions is key to effective asset utilization.
• Work on or off-track with excavator reach
• Mulch and clear vegetation from right of ways
• Keep switches and tracks clean during winter storms